At For Aisha, we aim to provide your little one with the best nutritional start in life. Creating healthy eating habits from an early age will often be reflected in good food choices as your child grows.
School is back, and while your little ones are learning and developing, it’s important that the foods they eat with help them to achieve their full potential.
Here are some ideas for simple lunchbox snacks, that are suitable for the whole family!
1) Hummus and Veg: A small hummus snack pot is fantastic for your growing little one, as it’s a good source of plant-based protein and fibre. Pair with raw carrots, peppers, and cucumber, and cut into smaller pieces depending on the age of your child. Try adding some sweet potato and coriander to your hummus for a tasty treat!
2) Tuna and Sweetcorn: This tasty combo goes well in sandwiches, wraps or simply in a pot with a spoon. While tuna is great for your immune system and strengthening bones, sweetcorn is rich in a variety of vitamins, such as C and B, key to the development of healthy bones and teeth.
3) Wholemeal Pitta Bread: Pitta bread is a rich source of carbohydrates that will help keep your little one fuller for longer. Why not pack them full of nutritious ingredients such as salad, veggies, guacamole, or zesty home made salsa, to create a delicious Pitta sandwich?
4) Granola: Instead of a high sugar flavoured yoghurt, a pot of granola and natural yoghurt is a great way to feed your little one high fibre ingredients such as oats and flax seeds. Pair with some yummy strawberries or blueberries for some vitamin C enhanced sweetness, or sprinkle on a little cinnamon for an exciting twist!
5) Water: Fruit Squash tends to be very high in sugar or sweeteners. Sending water instead ensures your child remains hydrated throughout the day. Water is proven to improve memory, mood, reduce fatigue and aid digestion. You can’t beat it!
We would always recommend talking to your GP or a dietitian if you have any queries or need more information about your little one’s diet. In the meantime, these nutritious snacks provide an array of health benefits to help your child get the most out of their school day, while still being pretty tasty!
To explore our award-winning recipes for some inspiration, visit https://www.foraisha.com/babyfoods/.