This dish is very simple to prepare but the cooking time just takes a little longer, if you want to have the lamb nice and soft so it’s easy to chew.
1. Chop the lamb into small chunks so it will cook quicker and absorb the warming herbs and spices. Saute (or fry) the lamb for around 10 minutes before adding in the onions. Finely chop these so there’s no large pieces of onion skin.
2. Add in the chopped carrot and green beans and a splash of water to prevent sticking to the pan.
3. Green beans are a good source of fibre and also folic acid. It’s also great to get little one’s eating greens from a very early stage, to set them up with healthy eating habits for life.
4. Add the tinned lentils and tomato passata – It’s great to use chopped tomatoes instead of course and finally some fresh coriander too.
5. After 10 minutes when the meat feels tender simply pop it straight into the blender until you’re happy with the size of the pieces for your little one.
This meal should make around 5x 200g servings. Pop the rest of the ingredients into a sealed container in the fridge or freeze for later use.
Our in-house rules: